TP-Link Deco Series
The Deco can only be set up through the Deco app, which is available on Android and iOS.
Here we take Deco M4 for example.
1. Launch the Deco App
2. Log in or tap “Sign Up” to set up a TP-Link ID
Note: If you already have a TP-Link Cloud account, you can log in with your account.
3. . Tap “Let’s Begin”, select the Deco icon according to your Deco’s model number.
4. Unpack the contents of the box. Once you verify you have everything, click “Next”
5. Power off your Fibre box then tap “Next”
6. Connect one of your Deco units to GE1(LAN1) port of Fibre box via Ethernet cable, and power on both devices. Tap “Next” when both devices are fully booted.
7. Wait for the Optical(Gpon) light to be green and stable on your Fibre box, then tap “Internet LED is stable”
8. Wait for the Deco’s LED to pulsing blue. Tap “Deco’s LED is Pulsing Blue”.
Note: If the LED is not pulsing blue, press the RESET button at the bottom of the unit for one second, the LED will turn to yellow. Just wait for about 2 minutes until the LED turn to pulsing blue and go on.
9. On an iPhone, please go to the Settings >Wi-Fi page, connect your iPhone to the Deco’s default SSID printed on the bottom label (such as Deco_XXXX).
Then go back to the Deco app, click on “I Have Connected”, the Deco app will show “Looking for Deco” and found the Deco M4.
On an Android phone, the phone will connect to the default SSID automatically, you will just see the “Looking for Deco” page and then the Deco app will notify it found the Deco.
10. Assign your connected Deco to a room.
11. Deco will detect the internet connection type, which assigned by ISP.
For Hotshot Internet, Please chose PPPoE as “Internet Connection” , then type your username and password as following:
Note: You not need to change anything of “Vlan Settings”.
12. Select “Keep Default MAC address” unless your ISP allows internet access from only a specific MAC address.
13. Create your Wi-Fi network name and password, then connected your phone to the new Wi-Fi network, click on “Next”.
14. Deco app will find the Deco M4 again.
15. . Deco will test internet connection, and then finish the setup process. You can select “I’m done for now” or continue adding more Deco units.
For the Deco X20 and X60, if the new Deco that you going to join the Deco network in the same package as the main Deco, you just need to plug in the new Deco and then it will be automatically added to the Deco network within 2 minutes.
If the new Deco is not in the same package as the main Deco, the configuration process for the new Deco is the same as for other models. Click here to see the detailed instruction.