Please follow the steps below to setup your modem, I highly recommend you setup the modem through your PC/Laptop.
1. Connect your device to the modem. You can run an Ethernet cable from the LAN port of your HG659 to the Ethernet port of your PC/Laptop. If you do not have PC or laptop, you can use your phone to connect to the WiFi provided by the HG659 modem router, the default WiFi name and password are both labeled back side of the router. （SSID is the WiFi name
2. Login to your the HG659/HG659b interface. Please open a browser,
If your HG659 is from Spark, then please type 192.168.1.254 in the address bar. Then it will lead you to the management page, the default username and password are both admin(If you did not change them before).
If your HG659 is from Vodafone, then please type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. Then it will lead you to the management page, the default username is Admin, the default password is @+ last 8 digits of the modem Serial Number(eg: @25002679, you can refer the picture), or VF-NZhg659 (If you did not change them before).
If neither them works, you can try username: !!Huawei
2. Click Internet from the top menu and click Internet Settings from the left menu. Locate and select your connection type:
Fibre connection: INTERNET_TR069_ETH_VID_10
- Click Edit
- Disabled the VLAN by Unticked the VLAN tag.
- Enter HotShotFibre for Internet Account
- Enter UrDa8est for Internet password
- Change the IP protocol version to IPV4 only
Your configuration page should look exactly the same as this
Now, please click save, and then you can access the internet.
Enable HOTSHOT Assist Function
- Click Internet from the top menu, and select the Network Security on the Left
- Click ACL
- Click New ACL
- Change the service type to HTTP
- Change the Access direction to WAN
- Enter 126.96.36.199 for both Start IP address and End IP address
- Click Save
4. To prevent the modem been reset automatically, you need to disable the remote management function. Please refer to the picture below to disable the remote management function.
Click the Maintain button on the Top Right Corner, select Remote Management，under Remote Management，unticked the checkbox besides Enable remote management
5. WiFi setting(Optional, but recommended)
Your fibre will up if you complete the 3 steps above, then you can choose to change a new WiFi name for your Hotshot Fibre internet. You can click the Home Network button from the top menu and click WiFi setting.
And in the right panel, please click the WLAN Encryption then you can set your own WiFi name by change the SSID, also you can set the password by change the WPA pre-shared key. I highly recommend you change the default WiFi name and the password.